Kwikset SmartKey Cylinder
With Kwikset SmartKey you never have to worry about an intruder finding lost or stolen keys again. Utilizing SmartKey technology, you can easily and quickly re-key your locks in three easy steps. Simply insert the functioning key and turn ¼ clockwise, then insert the SmartKey learn tool and remove the functioning key. Finally, insert your new key and ½ turn it counter clockwise and just like that your security is reset. Kwikset prides themselves on creating ANSI Graded bump guard protected high security door hardware you can trust to be drill and pick resistant. Re-key your SmartKey locks as frequently as you wish while maintaining the highest level of security. Choose from our variety of knobs, levers, deadbolts, handlesets, and electronic locks to upgrade your safety and your home.
SmartKey™ provides security that is resistant against torque attacks, passes the most stringent lock picking standard UL 437, par 11.6. and utilizes BumpGuard™ to prevent lock bumping.
Features of the SmartKey
- Bump proof and superior pick resistance
- Secure your home in seconds – SmartKey allows you to re-key your lock in seconds, rendering lost or unreturned keys useless.
- Advanced protection from kick attacks
- Highest professional security ANSI/BHMA certified Grade 1
Reasons you will want to re-key
- Lost, stolen or unreturned keys
- Recently moved
- Increase your home's security
- One-key convenience for all Kwikset locks
- Remodeling, upgrading or updating
Reasons SmartKey is Superior
- Drill Resistance
- The lock cylinder uses two steel balls inserted into the front of the key face to resist attack from drilling.
- ANSI Grading
- SmartKey is available in an ANSI Grade 1 deadbolt - certified the highest level of residential security.
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved protection against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin tumbler locks.
- Superior Pick-Resistance
- SmartKey locks have passed the most stringent lock-picking standard, UL 437, par. 11.6.
How the Kwikset SmartKey Works
You will need to have your Functioning Key and Learn Tool for this to work.
- Functioning Key
- SmartKey Learn Tool
- New Key
- Insert the functioning key & make a 1/4 turn clockwise.
- Insert & remove the SmartKey learn tool, Then remove the functioning key.
- Insert the new key & turn 1/2 turn counter-clockwise. Done. Your lock is now re-keyed!